Thursday, April 2, 2009

How much are you really eating?

Something interesting happened last night that I wanted to share with you. On a good day and when I'm ahead of the game I'll plan my food and portions out for the entire day. Yesterday was one of those days. For dinner I prepared salmon. I estimated I was going to eat a 6 oz piece. But it turned out what I thought was 6 oz was actually 3 oz. I have this handy digital kitchen scale ($20 from Target) that showed me how off I was. I was stunned and pleasantly surprised that I had a few points to spare. My guess is that we all sometimes underestimate or overestimate our portion sizes. Being as accurate as possible helps me see how much food I actually need to fuel my body. I love eating enough to keep my engine going. Almost a month into this I've forgotten what feeling 'stuffed' feels like. That is one feeling I can happily live without ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment