Friday, April 17, 2009

Half Way There

Well it's almost the end of week 6 on WW and I'm feeling pretty good. I have more energy. I'm sleeping better. My clothes fit better too. I want to do more and eat less. I don't crave sweets in the same way anymore. Food is now fuel again. I've lost 7 pounds on WW so far. Before I started WW I'd lost 4 pounds doing my 30 day Bikram challenge during the month of February. Being 11 pounds lighter feels good. Really good.

This is just the beginning of my journey. I committed to 12 weeks on WW but I'm ready for this to be a lifestyle change for good. Not every day is perfect. Some weeks I can get in more exercise than others. I can live with this. Eating more consciously has allowed me to get right back on the program when I slip a little. I am happy with my progress and the steady nature of my weight loss. One pound a week is slow but it begins to add up over time. Do I wish I could wake up tomorrow and be a size 6? No. I want to work for this. I want to struggle and find success in my own way and in my own time. Call me crazy.


The pic above is from a recent trip to Toronto. I had a blast with my family. I'm already more comfortable in my own skin and I think it shows. Here's to the next 6 weeks and beyond!

1 comment:

  1. Very proud of my wife for her honesty, commitment, and never ending ability to surprise me. I love her for what she is today but proud of her for always trying to be healthier and stronger. Here's to you shoosh and here's to me finding inspiration in your triumphs.

    ReplyDelete